vendredi 31 décembre 2010

sylisa-dblite is born :-) - a sqlite wrapper C++ library

I searched a library to be easily embedded in an c++ application (like sqlite amalgamation), with a good license like boost.
A long time ago, I went on SOCI and it was really good to see this kind of syntax.

Unfortunately, sqlite is available in the git repository only, and not officially supported.
Furthermore, after having a look on the code, I saw that everything was retrieve as "string" and I was not able to modify it easily as the internals were complex enough.

Then, I decided to give a try to have a simpler library but having a better fit with sqlite.

This is an early version for now, but still it is functional, and should answer already most of the needs.
I am anyway working on it.

In the future, I would like to integrate more database (sqlite will stay the first one first class), why not using SOCI as an underlying layer to access other databases? I would like to, "challenge accepted" :-)

The library is available under the boost license on gitorious
http://gitorious.org/sylisa-dblite

I hope some others will join of course :-)

Bye, I wish you all the best for the next coming year

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire